Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Safariland AR-15 Rail Mount


I own a Smith & Wesson M&P 15OR which has the standard M4 Hand guards and I was looking for a way to mount lights and a vertical hand grip on it without having to switch out the hand guards since railed hand guards can get pretty expensive.I tried the CAA(Command Arms Accessories)and found them to be rather poor quality overall.I then came across the Safariland RK-M4 Clamp-on Rail for standard AR-15/M16/M4 hand guards.This was a great solution to my problem and not very expensive at 20-25 dollars.The mount has a center rail on the bottom and two offset rails at the top,but it is reversible should you wish to switch their positions.A fully Railed hand guard is superior,but the Safariland makes a nice substitute if your on a budget.I bought mine a while ago and don't remember where I bought it(one of the Cop gear distributors I think),but several places such as Brownells,Cheaper than dirt & Optics planet carry it.Last time I checked it was $26 at Optics Planet and $40 at Brownells so shop around for the best price.